Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Help for Storm Damage

Please keep track of and report storm damage costs to help the Town of Ripton receive financial assistance. You can go to www.vemvt.com to read up.

It is unclear if the state will meet the financial threshold to qualify for disaster funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. However, individuals and businesses might be eligible for low-interest disaster loans from the Small Business Administration if damages qualify. These loans help cover uninsured losses.

Town Clerk Sally Hoyer has forms at the Town Office, and they are in folder pockets on the bulletin board outside the office door if no one is there.

At the very least, everyone should document damage: write down descriptions, take pictures, track time spent cleaning and repairing, and especially document costs, actual and estimated. If there are no receipts, write it down anyway!

No comments: