Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ripton resident to join Shumlin administration

Riptonite Lawrence Miller was named to a state government post in the new Shumlin administration.

Shumlin on Monday named Ripton resident and Otter Creek Brewing founder Lawrence Miller to serve as his secretary of commerce and community development at the forefront of what he called his “job creation team.” That came a week after Shumlin selected Ferrisburgh resident Beth Robinson to serve as his general counsel.

Shumlin told the Associated Press that in choosing the top leadership for his administration he is looking for “competence, vision and the ability to get tough things done.

“The decisions we’re making in the next two weeks will determine how successful we are over the next two years,” he added.

Miller, 44, currently CEO for Middlebury-based Danforth Pewter, said he is looking forward to his new job.

“Wrestling through it was tough, but as I thought my way through it, it became easy,” he said during an interview with the Addison Independent. “There are very few opportunities to ‘return the favor’ that come along in this way. I have benefited from the support of a great many people in developing Otter Creek and in the other businesses I have worked on … and when I thought about where that has brought me, I could not refuse.”

Congratulations, Lawrence!

No comments: