Caretaker for the Buildings
of the Town of Ripton
The Town has a part-time position for Caretaker to oversee the use and maintenance of the Community House and the condition of the Town Clerks Office.
This Person Would:
- Inspect the Community House before and after an event
- Confer with the Town Clerk on the condition of the Community House after a rental to recommend return of the deposit or, in the case of damage or insufficient clean up, assess the cost of repair or clean up
- Work with the furnace maintenance company to winterize the Community House
- Recommend necessary repairs to the Community House and the Town Clerks Office to the Selecboard
- Create a budget for repairs based on soliciting cost estimates for the repairs
- Coordinate the services of contractors to complete work and assure that it is achieved per time agreement and budget estimate
- Coordinate contractors work to assure quality and completion in a timely manner and per budget estimate
The right candidate will be organized, responsible, detail oriented, and able to interact and communicate with a wide variety of people.
This is an hourly position.
Send letter of interest and resume to Deb Karpak, Clerk to the Selectboard, Town Clerks Office, P.O. Box 10, Ripton, VT 05766 or to email@example.com
Questions may also be directed to 388-3465.